Our Team Building speciality is successfully turning around dysfunctional teams where there is significant under performance or high levels of conflict and lack of communication and productivity.
Our agile Team Building solutions include nimble app-based gamification challenges through to strategic facilitation and L.E.A.N Six Sigma methodologies. On or off-site, our expert team will get results.
One of our big advantages is we relate the Team Building observations and relate these back to the workplace. Unlike some Team Building events, the learning from our programs doesn’t stop when everyone goes home –we enable people to continue it back in the office and to become more aware of their own working practices and those of their colleagues.
We’ve successfully turned around dysfunctional, high conflict, poorly performing, siloed teams with little structure and poor communication into best practice management. We also succeed in working with already high performing teams guiding them to even greater levels of achievement and achievement.
01Team Management & Facilitation
This program will assist participants in developing practical skills to build strength within their team. It explores the key motivators of the team and the individuals and focus on building trust, communication, gaining group/individual commitment, developing accountability, conflict management and achieving results together.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding yourself and your team. Building trust and developing team accountabilities
- Enhancing your communication abilities
- Creating a shared vision
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Developing better communication across the team using EQ
- Creating a results focused team
In addition to engaged team training we offer individual coaching and psychometric assessments, which can assist managers to enhance their management styles.
02Conflict Resolution - Dealing with Difficult People
Our Managing Conflict - Dealing with Difficult People Training offers best practice conflict management solutions, practical tools, tips, methods and frameworks that actually work in the real world.
We have run this training for a wide range of teams, with different scenarios from front line client / counter / customer service staff to field operatives in a range of roles.
The training equips participants to be proactive and constructive when and before problems arise.
This program is proven to get results for participants experiencing situations such as the following:
- Teams and individuals working in a high pressure environment with very challenging client service / customer facing roles, both counter and in the field based
- Staff dealing with frequent confrontation from difficult clients (internal and external)
- Severe conflict in the working environment amongst individuals and teams
- Mediating threats of disciplinary action or calling in the unions
- Ongoing, unreasonable behaviour often resulting in heated discussions
- Teams working as a group of individuals rather than as a team
- Divided teams prone to complaining, gossiping and moaning
- Managers dealing with fractious teams divided by conflict
- Teams who have recently been through changes that have left a negative impact on relations and the overall team environment
- Managers dealing with difficult individuals who are keen to bring the wider team on board collaboratively and constructively
- Individuals prone to defensiveness who desire techniques to better manage their state in the work place environment
- Individuals dealing frequently with challenging team members, clients or customers who need ways to address issues and move forwards effectively
03Team Strategy, Planning & Facilitation Sessions
Our speciality is successfully changing behaviours in teams with a significant under performance or conflict.
Team strategy, planning and facilitation sessions can be applied to many areas in which a group of executives need assistance or development. These sessions are also for leaders and their teams, who work together to understand what they do well, what they need to improve, what action needs to be taken, by when and who is responsible.
It is of particular benefit where a combined team approach, message and standard management practice needs to be agreed. For example when their needs to be:
- an agreement on a management message or
- when setting behaviours for a common culture/values,
- implementing a common Change Management practice
- It can also be used to improve performance and develop team and leadership at all levels,
- solve many organisational problems, including facilitating key strategy and action plans
04Team Building Events - Social Scavenger
A team building day (or 1/2 day) using our innovative Social Scavenger Smart-phone based App engages the team as they complete a series of short, fun, highly interactive and engaging challenges from the phone app, all under time pressure (we can make it as competitive as you like!).
The challenges appear relatively simple yet they incorporate the principles of neuroscience and are designed to bring out all the team’s dynamics and behaviours in a non-threatening, mildly competitive and fun environment which involves and engages every team member.
The challenges are completed by uploading a photo or short video before the team moves on to the next game. In between a series of challenges we'll get the group to debrief which encourages learning and bonding within teams.
05Managing for Optimal Team
This course emphasises how to create a positive, enabling, strengths-based team culture where people are recognised for a job well done and given practical support to develop, maintain and improve their team when needed. This program will proactively reduce current and minimise future incidences of under-team.
The course equips participants to lead their teams through a practice of extremely practical team empowerment and communication-based management. The course enables managers to set up a systematic yet very human and practical approach to having clear goals for team members and achieving clarity around expectations – thus diminishing the potential for conflict and proactively eliminating and preventing many of the factors that can lead to poor team; and therefore boosting team and optimizing and fueling a team’s productivity.
06Team Communication and Development
eammates must develop trust, since it is not automatic. Accordingly, members must communicate more openly than they normally would in everyday life. There must be honesty on all ends of the team, since withholding the truth could damage the team's integrity. Team members should always share information and feelings between each other. This allows for total trust between the team members.
Research has found that three or more people working together on a project are much more effective than a single person spending all of his time doing the same thing. However, without communication, the three-plus team members can be as useless as if the project went untouched.
Benefits of Communication
Teams that communicate complete projects in a quicker and more efficient amount of time than others. They also are more accurate in their work than others. Effective communication also allows team members to understand their roles and the roles of everyone else on the team. It also gives room for understanding among the team members for what needs to be done.
Consequences of Lack of Communication
Teams that fail to communicate effectively wind up wasting time and energy doing busy work and other work that is not required because of a lack of understanding of what needs to be done. These team members also misunderstand each other and their personalities. This often leads to conflict within the group and a lack of trust between group members. Team members in groups that fail to communicate effectively wind up not understanding what makes themselves more efficient, because they fail to get feedback from everyone else in the group, and there is no one else that they can compare their work to.
Recipe for Successful Communication
Research shows that good communication, mixed with strong organizational support, competence among the group leaders and clear group objectives can lead to the highest level of success in teams. Among those factors, good communication has shown to be the most important for success.
Practical communication skills to deal with different personality types in the workplace. This includes:
- An easy to understand individual psychometric personality assessment for each participant
- How to assess others to understand their personality types
- How to practically apply the understanding to tailor and adapt your verbal and written communication styles to your manager and key stakeholders to get the best results
- Role plays and interactive practice to embed the techniques
- Active listening
- Clarification & understanding
- Questioning techniques
- A brain based approach: understanding the brain to get the best outcomes
- Role plays & interactive practice to embed the techniques